Who is the course for
This course is designed for engineers wishing to analyse structural nonlinear phenomena such as large deflection, plasticity or contact and have already attended an Introduction to ANSYS course or have relevant experience in ANSYS.
Each course topic is followed by hands on workshops and exercises.
- Understand nonlinear FEA fundamentals
- Analyse structures with basic geometric, material and contact nonlinearities
- Use various preprocessing options, solution controls and postprocessing tools for models containing the three basic nonlinearities
- Structural nonlinearities overview – what are nonlinearities?
- The three types of nonlinearities
- Solution controls
- Solution options
- Nonlinear options
- Postprocessing – General Postprocessor, Results Viewer and the Time-History Postprocessor
- Geometric nonlinearities – building the model, obtaining the solution and postprocessing
- Basic plasticity – Overview, building the model, obtaining the solution and postprocessing
- Introduction to basic contact analysis – using the Contact Wizard and the Contact Manager, obtaining the solution and postprocessing
ANSYS Mechanical Nonlinear Connections
Mar 16th - 17th, 2016
ANSYS Mechanical Nonlinear Materials
Mar 18th, 2016