Who is the course for
This course is designed for engineers who wish to analyse advanced structural nonlinear phenomena in ANSYS and have already attended the Basic Structural Nonlinearities course.
Each course topic is followed by hands on workshops and exercises.
- To gain an appreciation of the capabilities of the newer 18X series of elements
- To understand how to select the correct 18X element integration options for the type of nonlinearity being modelled
- To gain an overview of the advanced material models and how to apply them to simulate real-world material behaviour (e.g. ratchetting and shakedown)
- To perform a nonlinear pre- and post-buckling analysis using the results from an eigenvalue buckling analysis and the arc-length method
- To gain an appreciation of how to use Element Birth & Death to model multistage analyses.
- Element Technology (Formulations & Integration Rules)
- Capabilities of 18X series of elements, continuum elements, beam elements and shell elements
- Advanced Rate-Independent Plasticity (Multilinear Isotropic & Kinematic Hardening)
- Rate-Dependent Plasticity (Creep & Viscoplasticity)
- Viscoelasticity (Glass & Polymers)
- Hyperelasticity (Rubbers & Polymers)
- Granular & Brittle Materials (Drucker-Prager & Concrete Material Models)
- Geometric Instability (Buckling)
- Element Birth & Death (Staged Construction & Element Failure)
ANSYS Mechanical Nonlinear Connections
Mar 16th - 17th, 2016
ANSYS Mechanical Nonlinear Materials
Mar 18th, 2016