ESAComp is software for analysis and design of composites. Its scope ranges from conceptual and preliminary design of layered composite structures to analyses of details. ESAComp is a stand-alone software tool, but thanks to its ability to interface with widely used finite element software packages, ESAComp fits seamlessly into the design process. Enhanced post processing capability for major FE packages is provided by ComPoLyX, another product in the ESAComp software suite.
The comprehensive material database of ESAComp forms the basis for design studies. ESAComp has a vast set of analysis capabilities for solid/sandwich laminates and for micromechanical analyses. It further includes analysis tools for structural elements: flat and curved panels, stiffened panels, beams and columns, bonded and mechanical joints.
ESAComp is developed and supported by Componeering Inc., Finland. ComPoLyX is a product by EVEN - Evolutionary Engineering AG, Switzerland.
Product Features Include:
- Graphical user interface. All functions are accessible through a unified user interface which guarantees an efficient workflow.
- ESAComp objects, multi-level database and Data Bank. Work with ESAComp is based on objects: fibers/matrix materials, plies, laminates, plates, beams, bonded or mechanical joints, and loads. The database is divided into three levels: the user and company levels, and the ESAComp Data Bank. This includes data for commonly-used composite materials and material systems.
- Analysis tools for plies, laminates and structural elements (see detailed list).
- Multiple analyses and graphic display of results. The user has almost limitless options for selecting and combining the resulting data. For example, several objects, laminate orientations or failure criteria can be selected for analysis. The results can be displayed as numeric tables, layer, bar, line, and polar charts, carpet plots, failure envelopes, and 3D contour plots.
- FE export/import interfaces. Laminate lay-ups specified in ESAComp can be easily exported to FE software, along with the related material properties. After the FE analysis, the results can be imported back into ESAComp for detailed post processing.
- SI and Imperial (British/U.S.) units. Units and output formats can be changed at any time during the session.
- User extensions. User modules, such as new failure criteria and micromechanics models, can be integrated in the system. ESAComp analyses can be incorporated into other applications by running ESAComp in batch mode.
- Comprehensive documentation. ESAComp provides on-line help for user guidance and extensive theoretical background documents for reference.